Why Hire a Professional?
A well trained professional will:
- have education in advanced methods of research and analysis;
- get a clear understanding of your research request before proceeding;
- communicate effectively so that you know what to expect
- conduct efficient research, giving you good value for your money;
- conduct research ethically (see APG standards);
- produce well reasoned reports that help you understand the tangle of your family lines;
- meet professional standards in all research and report writing activies; and
- be just about as fascinated with your family as you are!
Hiring a professional genealogist is a good idea if you don't have the time to do the research or to learn how to do it yourself. It's also a good idea if you are doing your own research and have hit a brick wall and want ideas about how to proceed.